• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Play by email

Khan Trav

SOC-12
I have an opening in my classic traveller campaign. The setting is the Regina Subsector circa 1103.

The format is simple, you roll a character using ct or mt rules. The moves are exchanged via email. Ship skills are strongly recommended.

Send inquries to travellerpbem@yahoo.com

I think you have an offer from pzjhkddxj. Though, I'm betting he's sort of an annoying player - a one-note-Johnny you might say.

Thanks a lot Fritz! That is just the kind of group I like to referee. I knew a guy named Fritz Brown from High School in Texas. You wouldn't be from Texas would you?

Update on timeline. The current timeline is 1105. The game has been on-going in one form or another since sometime in 2002. It is play by email format and that may account for the time distortion.The area is in and around Regina (Reeena or Rajyna sounds like the V word).

The game has been going for so long that some of the original players have either quit out of boredom or have died of old age waiting for something to happen. I know that sounds like a hard sell. I have to give credit to supporting agents such as Peter Trevor, David Drake, Hans Rancke and Robert Heinlein for providing inspiration and or specific data for the majority of my layout. There are others who due to my limited cognitive capacity, I can not remember at the moment.

The area is Regina and the surrounding systems in a pre-fifth frontier war 1103 to 1105. Yes 12 years to progress 2 sounds dreadful but PBEM can be dreadfully slow and tedious.

IMTU the Zhodani attack the spin-ward marches without provocation in 1107. They did not just decide one day to pounce, they planned carefully and moved to ensure lines of supply and local support in certain key areas.

Some of the adventures have been related to this activity. Our heroes have in some cases become entangled with some form of intrigue with the Zhodani pre-war activities.

Not all of the action has been war or spy related however and in some cases the players have had random sand box style adventures where they have gone in whatever direction they wished.

Jenghie, Ruie, Yori and Whanga have played major parts in the adventures of players with some going solo and others playing as groups.

The actions of players on Jenghie resulted in this non canon entry in the Traveller Wiki:

Arcon Lines (AL) a new interstellar corporation settled on Jenghe as it's corporate HQ with a base providing administrative offices a landing field and maintenance facilities for its small fleet of merchant ships. AL runs cargo and passengers on an established routes primarily Jenghe-Regina and Jenghe Ruie. The company is owned by retired Rear Admiral Rutger hault Rognvald the famous noble who was considered a 'Top Gun' of the fighter pilot community when serving on active duty and a dashing celebrity and the subject of several books and films.

Imperial Star Scouts (ISS)

Tracing its roots back to the Boy Scouts/Explorer Scouts and the Naval Sea Cadet Corps, this youth organization is supported by the Imperial Navy and the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service. Children ages 11-18 join the ISS as a volunteer and adults, service members and former service members conduct regular meetings and provide training and guidance.

The goal of the ISS is to offer youth a pathway to service with the Navy or the Scouts. The Navy provides each scout with Naval Uniforms and hosts training which is offered free of charge to the scouts. The Order of the Arrow is a patron of the ISS and ISS membership is widespread within the Imperium but membership tends to be higher on frontier systems. Summer cruises are common for ISS members and when qualified, they are allowed to serve in crew positions on IISS and IN vessels.

There is a small chapter of ISS on Jenghe which is sponsored by retired Rear Admiral Rutger hault Rognvald, the Jenghe chapter meets each week at the auxillary hangar in the Arcon Lines compound.

The player group related to this post performed several operations which will ultimately improve the odds in favor of the Imperium in the Fifth Frontier War.

The Office of Naval Intelligence is one of my go to groups for player intrigue and the Scout Service Security Branch is another. Some of the players have been involved with covert activity along the border of the Vargr Extents and have uncovered the fact that the Zhodani are trying to unite some of the larger clans and insight them against the Imperium.

Not related to the FFW, players found a Sternmetal plot on Whanga to covertly exterminate the indigenous population. The planet had a small population of pre-industrial Vargr and Humans which were not supposed to exist. Sternmetal had purchased the planet for its vast mineral wealth and the original IISS Survey had certified Whanga as void of intelligent life.

Sternmetal discovered the inhabitants and the decision was made to eliminate them rather than blow the initial investment.

Players marooned on Whanga during the event became involved and were able to help stop the genocide before everyone was killed.

One of the players helped rescue a prisoner from the Sternmetal mercenaries who was a rep from the famed Hammers Slammers mercenary regiment. The slammers were on Ruie and this officer was seeking new opportunities for Regiment's employment.

Players traveled to Ruie to find the Slammers Regiment entangled in a war in which their contract with a pro-imperium nation vs an antagonist which was secretly being backed by the Zhodani. The Zhos had a specific interest in setting up their proxy as the planetary government. The Slammers regiment were positioned to win when the Zhodani sent an order to Colonel Hammer to violate their contract and switch sides or the Slammers would be treated as traitors and the command staff subject to termination without prejudice.

Hammer's position was that the Regiment's contract was a binding document and the honor of the Regiment demanded they refuse the Zhodani demands.

The regiment's contract was ultimately fulfilled and the pro Imperium nation won the war. The players negotiated a deal to move the Slammers onto Whanga to provide mutually beneficial relationship between the surviving Vargr population there and the Regiment.

The players then moved to Gram to attempt to rescue some family members of the Regiment who were covertly removed from Sword Worlds space and are attempting to return to Whanga to be re-united with the regiment.

There are other plots flowing but this gives the general idea.

Not related to the FFW, players found a Sternmetal plot on Whanga to covertly exterminate the indigenous population. The planet had a small population of pre-industrial Vargr and Humans which were not supposed to exist. Sternmetal had purchased the planet for its vast mineral wealth and the original IISS Survey had certified Whanga as void of intelligent life.

Sternmetal discovered the inhabitants and the decision was made to eliminate them rather than blow the initial investment.

Players marooned on Whanga during the event became involved and were able to help stop the genocide before everyone was killed.
Good for them!

I'm very happy to hear that my adventure has proven useful to someone. Yay!

Hans

Solo PBEM Player Opening

The game has been going for so long that some of the original players have either quit out of boredom or have died of old age waiting for something to happen. I know that sounds like a hard sell. I have to give credit to supporting agents such as Peter Trevor, David Drake, Hans Rancke and Robert Heinlein for providing inspiration and or specific data for the majority of my layout. There are others who due to my limited cognitive capacity, I can not remember at the moment.

The area is Regina and the surrounding systems in a pre-fifth frontier war 1103 to 1105. Yes 12 years to progress 2 sounds dreadful but PBEM can be dreadfully slow and tedious.

IMTU the Zhodani attack the spin-ward marches without provocation in 1107. They did not just decide one day to pounce, they planned carefully and moved to ensure lines of supply and local support in certain key areas.

Some of the adventures have been related to this activity. Our heroes have in some cases become entangled with some form of intrigue with the Zhodani pre-war activities.

Not all of the action has been war or spy related however and in some cases the players have had random sand box style adventures where they have gone in whatever direction they wished.

Jenghie, Ruie, Yori and Whanga have played major parts in the adventures of players with some going solo and others playing as groups.

The actions of players on Jenghie resulted in this non canon entry in the Traveller Wiki:

Arcon Lines (AL) a new interstellar corporation settled on Jenghe as it's corporate HQ with a base providing administrative offices a landing field and maintenance facilities for its small fleet of merchant ships. AL runs cargo and passengers on an established routes primarily Jenghe-Regina and Jenghe Ruie. The company is owned by retired Rear Admiral Rutger hault Rognvald the famous noble who was considered a 'Top Gun' of the fighter pilot community when serving on active duty and a dashing celebrity and the subject of several books and films.

Imperial Star Scouts (ISS)

Tracing its roots back to the Boy Scouts/Explorer Scouts and the Naval Sea Cadet Corps, this youth organization is supported by the Imperial Navy and the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service. Children ages 11-18 join the ISS as a volunteer and adults, service members and former service members conduct regular meetings and provide training and guidance.

The goal of the ISS is to offer youth a pathway to service with the Navy or the Scouts. The Navy provides each scout with Naval Uniforms and hosts training which is offered free of charge to the scouts. The Order of the Arrow is a patron of the ISS and ISS membership is widespread within the Imperium but membership tends to be higher on frontier systems. Summer cruises are common for ISS members and when qualified, they are allowed to serve in crew positions on IISS and IN vessels.

There is a small chapter of ISS on Jenghe which is sponsored by retired Rear Admiral Rutger hault Rognvald, the Jenghe chapter meets each week at the auxillary hangar in the Arcon Lines compound.

The player group related to this post performed several operations which will ultimately improve the odds in favor of the Imperium in the Fifth Frontier War.

The Office of Naval Intelligence is one of my go to groups for player intrigue and the Scout Service Security Branch is another. Some of the players have been involved with covert activity along the border of the Vargr Extents and have uncovered the fact that the Zhodani are trying to unite some of the larger clans and insight them against the Imperium.

I have an opening for a solo player so please send me an email at travellerpbem@yahoo.com for more information.

Back