• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Post here if you got your T5 book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rynak

SOC-9
I figure that one of two things has caused information about Traveller5 to stop right around the time of latest shipping deadline:

1. Marc has been busily shipping out the books since 3/4 and is so overworked that he cannot bear to take time out of getting the books into our hands as quickly as possible to give an update.

2. There has been a regrettable delay and Marc is waiting for it to be resolved so when he posts an update there will be good news and not just the bad news (power outage due to bad weather would also fall into this category).

In high hopes that #1 is the reason and not #2, please post as soon as you receive your 4 pounds and 15 ounces of joy to share the occasion. I figure if shipments started on 3/4, then people should start receiving their books any day now. Of course it could take a week or longer to ship everyone's bundle of happiness, but at least we'd have a good idea of a time-frame. Otherwise we are left with the very unfortunate #2.

Note: I am official of nothing, but from what I know:

1. He said in an email he hopes for things to go out this week (waiting on ks swag is my guess from what he wrote).

2. We are getting slammed with a major winter storm right now (I'm due east about a couple of hours from Bloomington).

boxing boxing boxing

Well, if it takes 10-15 minutes to box a single kickstarter entry and there are 2085 supporters. We are looking at a 3 week process if 2 people are working long hours doing it. We also know some of the things arrived later than January (mid February).

Just saying...:cool:

15 minutes seems way too long a time for packing one of the simple boxes (that 90 percent of us will get). It is known that the books didn't arrive until around 2/14 with most of the swag slatted for the end of February. It is very possible that there were delays beyond these items. I'm merely hoping for information on what is going on.

I do find it interesting that the administrator and one of the moderators seems to be gone. Hopefully everything has arrived and will be sent out soon.

No one is gone that I know of, and Aramis has not left for vacation yet...We are just doing what we do best and keeping out of sight till we have to do what we have to do. :D

That is awesome Aramis. Was that everything from your contribution level or a partial shipment?

I haven't heard from DonM recently and he seemed deeply involved with the T5 project. When he suddenly stopped responding it made me think that he could be helping Marc out. When Aramis also mentioned being gone I assumed things were moving and shaking. It seems they are, but Aramis' vacation seems to have been coincidental.

Congrats on the reading material for your vacation!

Far Future

Last I heard, Far Future is a small operation, Marc and his wife. 15 minutes assumes:

- Evaluate the next person on the sponsor list
- Fold the box
- Tape the box
- Place their materials in the box (or CD package)
- Add packaging to the box if needed
- Seal the box
- Create shipping label
- Checkoff the person from the list

10 to 15 is not unreasonable if they're being careful and have some organization. There is more than one way to do shipping but let's be serious.

Aramis has his which makes sense if COTI patrons (admins, monitors) are higher on the list. Be patient...

So that means we have?

Level, Country/State, Date

51 - Alaska - 03/06/13

Your comments do make sense.

Considering that the original ship date was in December with mutliple delays and the latest ship date was 2/28 or 3/1, I think I am being patient :)
The reason I started this thread was to try to get information as no official information has been forthcoming on the current status of the project. I can wait, but I would like to have a semi-official time period so I have an idea of how long that wait will be.

I haven't heard from DonM recently and he seemed deeply involved with the T5 project. When he suddenly stopped responding it made me think that he could be helping Marc out.

Don did offer to help Marc sort and pack books and swag, depending as usual on everyone's work+life schedules. I would help, if I lived in Illinois.

That is awesome Aramis. Was that everything from your contribution level or a partial shipment?

I haven't heard from DonM recently and he seemed deeply involved with the T5 project. When he suddenly stopped responding it made me think that he could be helping Marc out. When Aramis also mentioned being gone I assumed things were moving and shaking. It seems they are, but Aramis' vacation seems to have been coincidental.

Congrats on the reading material for your vacation!

Not taking it with. I've read the penultimate draft, and all the things I didn't like are still there... it's not much use for me, save for some of the forms. I don't begrudge the money at all - I've spent more on less in the past, and it was interesting to see the process.

Your comments do make sense.

Considering that the original ship date was in December with mutliple delays and the latest ship date was 2/28 or 3/1, I think I am being patient :)
The reason I started this thread was to try to get information as no official information has been forthcoming on the current status of the project. I can wait, but I would like to have a semi-official time period so I have an idea of how long that wait will be.

I think this is totally reasonable and I also wish there was official news. Any update at all would be nice.

There is no reason why Marc could not keep customers more up to date via Facebook or the Kickstarter page. It doesnt take long to type 'sending out first boxes' etc. And I cant imagine that there are only two people packing 2000 boxes. At that rate it would take 3 months to send out them all! Either way some communication should be expected if people are left waiting beyond an agreed date, its only common courtesy.

There is no reason why Marc could not keep customers more up to date via Facebook or the Kickstarter page. It doesnt take long to type 'sending out first boxes' etc. And I cant imagine that there are only two people packing 2000 boxes. At that rate it would take 3 months to send out them all! Either way some communication should be expected if people are left waiting beyond an agreed date, its only common courtesy.

Agreed. Unprofessional really..

But, obviously, there is a reason. Since it's not happening.

He's too busy. He's forgets. He hates Facebook. He hates you. He doesn't consider it important. He prefers sleep. Rather sit rocking on his couch humming to himself as he counts his stacks of used lottery tickets that he bought with all his KS cash. It interferes with his bourbon binges.

Who knows.

This thing has been on the stove for 7 YEARS. 7. Years.

So, you can either hold your breath until you turn blue, you can demand your cash monies back, or you can continue with your patient vigil, and perhaps light another candle if yours is too short.

Read it. Now could someone point out where it addresses the general question of if the books have shipped yet?

patience

Everyone is excited about receiving the new product...no doubt.

Detailed updates are always nice but I think the setbacks are pretty obvious. As mentioned earlier 2 people boxing nearly 2100 packages takes a few weeks minimum.

Hence, the sequential order Marc mentioned in his update. I think it'll be here soon.

Also I'm sure he's working on the bulk mailing approach method.

New information. Not from Far Future Enterprises, or Kickstarter. It details what's going on now and has a link for purchases. I've included information from the front page:

http://www.traveller5.net/

Welcome to Traveller5! the ultimate edition of the Traveller science-fiction role-playing game system.

We have a PDF of the chapter structure/ contents of Traveller5 here.

We are currently (throughout March) filling order from backers of our record-breaking Kickstarter campaign last summer. Once we have completed those shipments (we forecast that to be by the end of March) we will begin shipping advanced orders for the Traveller5 game system. We'll make those shipments in the order we have received them. You can order Traveller5 (the 656-page hard cover Core Rules Book; the PDF version on CDROM, the Traveller Dice set, or some or all) here.

We have exciting things happening in the Traveller universe in coming months, and we invite you to keep up-to-date through the Citizens of the Imperium forums. There is more information about subscribing here. Or, you can go directly to the COTI forums here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back