• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Question about the Traveller TV series

I'd certainly change the name of the main character.

At best, you might have gotten away with Captain Jonathan "Spin" Ward.

His android assistant, Cynthia, and Aslan security officer, Claude.

I have less trouble with the name, but doubling it up as the POV character's name AND the sector everything is set in is needless. Something like naming a protagonist West for a story set in the West Side of a city named Weston.

Wild Wild West < Image snipped >
I don't understand why you're posting this movie poster.

I reference to Condottiere's post above, both the TV-Show and Movie, "The Wild Wild West", took place in the Old West, and the main character was named "James West".

I reference to Condottiere's post above, both the TV-Show and Movie, "The Wild Wild West", took place in the Old West, and the main character was named "James West".

Just because it's been done doesn't make it a good idea.

Black Lagoon

The Plot looks like a ripoff of the anima Black Lagoon. In that series, a Japanese salary man broker is sent to make a payoff to a pirate transport company using a modified PT boat. His boss actually send him because he can be killed without harming the company. When he finds out, he joins the pirate company.
It is one of the best anima I have seen in a while.

The Plot looks like a ripoff of the anima Black Lagoon. In that series, a Japanese salary man broker is sent to make a payoff to a pirate transport company using a modified PT boat. His boss actually send him because he can be killed without harming the company. When he finds out, he joins the pirate company.
It is one of the best anima I have seen in a while.

Does the pirate group prey particularly on the original company he belonged to?

Are these the classic pirates of thuggery, thievery, slavery, salvage, traaryyyyzure, murder and mayhem?

Or is it tale of revenge and comeuppance against the Company?

They're mercenaries.

I'd imagine it's what A New Hope would have been, if Lucas had a more jaundiced view of society, and was Japanese.

Being Japanese, it's assumed the audience understands the undertones, in this case, trying to achieve the Japanese Dream by doing what's expected of you.

Rock also demonstrates that, even in a lawless mercenary scenario, the Japanese サラリーマン (salaryman) can and will prevail! ;)

Back