• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Taking up the torch from DonM?

About TravellerHero:
had nothing to do with Superheroes.
This sparked a crazy thought.
(Like crazy thoughts need an excuse to pop in my noggin.)

How many points is TL 15 Battledress? And how would such battledress face off against Iron Man Mark 42?

Also, there the DC hero Booster Gold.

I think one could play superheros in Traveller. Find a low tech world, take a few trinkets and fight crime. Or take on the local TED.

About TravellerHero:
This sparked a crazy thought.
(Like crazy thoughts need an excuse to pop in my noggin.)

How many points is TL 15 Battledress? And how would such battledress face off against Iron Man Mark 42?

Also, there the DC hero Booster Gold.

I think one could play superheros in Traveller. Find a low tech world, take a few trinkets and fight crime. Or take on the local TED.

ABD-10 is 58 Real Cost if I counted correctly (been a long day).
ABD-12 is 109 Real Cost.

Fortunately, you don't pay points for gear.... but it does set prices.

It can be a tough business when an Amber Zone a little bit of prep can be more than enough to satisfy than a full boat module.

I think the modules ended up being morphed in to more complete and complicated "source books" that expand the universe at large rather than episodic scenarios.

That's really curious to me, though. Because some of the modules (I have a few that I bought with the intent of taking my Traveller players through them) are essentially source books unto themselves with a story attached to them for the players.

I mean they were highly detailed, from what I recall. And well written too (mostly, at least). I'm sorry no one's cranking them out.

I also understand a bit better of why Traveller seemed to go the same route, and stopped printing adventures.

Last edited:
ABD-10 is 58 Real Cost if I counted correctly (been a long day).
ABD-12 is 109 Real Cost.

Fortunately, you don't pay points for gear.... but it does set prices.

hard to compare Ironman armor, the only conversions I remember are for 4th edition, and closer to 500 points there

good news at last

finally talked to Marc yesterday, we just need to get the 5E to 6E document done, and I could use some help with that. I have seen the art draft... it looks really good... this is going to happen!

Finally an update

I have reviewed the final draft of the Traveller Hero compilation CD, and given it back to Marc, so were good to go, its just a matter of production now

One small point...

While reading over this thread, there is one point that I don’t think was made that might give Blue Ghost, (or anyone else,) some food for thought regarding Traveller Hero.

Now, having played classic Traveller for decades, I know there are players that are enamored with the way you make characters. You roll dice to determine your characteristics, and continue to roll dice to determine how successful you are enlisting in, and progressing through, any number of careers. To the point, that in some versions of Traveller, your character can actually fail to survive character creation. (I believe they even make T-shirts extolling this fact.)

And that’s fine. But the Hero System doesn’t create characters that way. It doesn’t use dice.

In character creation, nothing’s random. All players are given the same number of “character points” to spend in any characteristic, skill, (or power,) they wish. If you want your character to be strong, then spend more points in Strength. But then you won’t have as many points to spend somewhere else, (in Dexterity, for example.) It’s all give and take. All characters (theoretically) start out on an even footing.

Everyone’s character is different. But no one is better than anyone else because of some lucky rolls. I have always found this idea of equality a hallmark of the Hero System.

Given all the work DonM must have put into the system, I hope he would have agreed. :)

When I used to create hero characters for Champions (now HERO I guess) it did strike me as being a craft oriented creation process. I've never generated a character with HERO Trav, but it does seem like an interesting venture. I think regular Trav chargen pre-supposes that your character is going to live out his retirement. Champions pre-supposes that you're either a young stud or just average 30-something about to embark on a life of crime fighting or saving the Earth from supervillains.

I've never actually delved into HERO Trav a great deal. I'm thinking I should buy a copy off Amazon or something.

Back