• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller Map Legend & Logic

Mycenius

SOC-6
Hello All,

Have been a long time Traveller fan, primarily playing early CT (1977-1981) for many years in the early and mid-1980's, but have only just joined this community. I have rediscovered my interest and passion for Traveller (and another OSR RPG) in recent months, and was especially impressed with the Traveller Map which I had not seen before :cool:

Anyway, my question is (as I have struggled to find an answer in the Wiki or in the Traveller Map documents I can find, or searching here) about the legend on the Traveller Map and subsector maps in general? I realise world/system names in red denotes a capital but can't figure out what the names in capitals mean (maybe I'm having a blonde moment)? I've also been playing around with the Poster Maker (in conjunction with the excellent sector/subsector generators Alex Schroeder and Zhodani Base have) and have noticed when I import data into the Traveller Map Poster Maker it will assign the capital letters format to some names, but I can't find any documentation on this either (a) what it means, or (b) is there a code or UPP/UWP value triggering it, etc?

Maybe I am missing something obvious but I haven't had any involvement with Traveller from MegaTraveller onwards, only early CT, and realise the trade codes expanded, as did the base codes and so on. I figured out the list of base codes, and the trade ones via the wiki (incl. the capital designation), but am stumped on the capitalised name thing?

Is there a master FAQ doc or similar with all the formatting and code options for the map generator/poster maker?

Many TIA.

I see you have seen the map!

The key icon has all the info. It's in the upper right of the page

Last edited:
Back