• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

"Traveller's Aid Society" ghost supplement?

Spenser TR

SOC-12
Admin Award
Today I was poking around the interwebs for info on the Traveller's Aid Society when I came across a few references to what appears to be a 1st edition Mongoose supplement about the TAS entitled "Traveller: Traveller's Aid Society." These references seemed to be to a book about the Society itself, not some kind of collection of JTAS material.

I didn't find these listings on Amazon or Mongoose, but rather sites I'm not really familiar with: Meeplemart, Fantasiapelit, and Comixology, each offering this book for around $22 USD.

I was intrigued. I'm fairly well-versed in the Mongoose offerings but didn't recall that one so I searched the various book lists on wikipedia and on the Mongoose site... and its not listed. I can't find a mention of it anywhere except the above gaming supplement sites.

Perhaps my Google Fu is not up to scratch, but I'm wondering if there ever was such a supplement, and if so, where may it be obtained? I suspect it was a "coming soon" thing that just never came... in which case I'd love to track down who was developing it and talk about their notes.

Any info?

We are very proud to announce the launch of the Travellers' Aid Society, a new programme that allows fans of Traveller to publish commercial material for their favourite sci-fi game with very few restrictions!

You can visit the TAS here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... id-Society

And learn all the ins and outs here: http://support.drivethrurpg.com/hc/en-u ... ciety-TAS-

However, we have made everything very simple. When publishing through Drivethru and TAS, you are free to use any and all current material from the new edition of Traveller as well as (and this is the big one!) any information from any of our Third Imperium books - that is right, you are no longer restricted to specific areas such as Foreven, you can now publish material for the Spinward Marches, Solomani Rim, or any other areas of the Official Traveller Universe.

We have also created forums to handle discussions and all your questions about TAS right here: viewforum.php?f=150

The Far Future is looking bright!
Matthew Sprange

We are very proud to announce the launch of the Travellers' Aid Society...

I'm definitely aware of the Mongoose community content program. And even if I wasn't, when I Google "Traveller's Aid Society" that community stuff comes up pretty high in the returns. But it's not what I'm talking about.

As I mentioned, the thing I'm asking about is a supplement:

https://pulllist.comixology.com/isbn/978190770243352499

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/28906-Traveller-Traveller-s-Aid-Society.aspx

https://www.fantasiapelit.com/index.php?main=ai&kat=single&mista=indeksi&etsittava=_133501

A sourcebook for TAS is indeed on the cards, though it won't be appearing any time soon.

I appreciate the insight, Matt. And am reserving a stack of pennies for it the moment it hits production.

I assume the linked supplements above aren't real, or never made it into production?

Ahhhhhh fertile ground for the imagination. And for the writer, it would seem.

Thanks for the confirmation, Matt.

A sourcebook for TAS is indeed on the cards, though it won't be appearing any time soon.
Any update on this? :sneaky: I own the TAS (ha) supplements from DTRPG done by Mr DeVoe and Mr. Horner and I've double checked my collection of Mongoose JTAS journals, and I suspect that an official Mongoose supplement about the Travellers Aid Society has fallen out of the deck of cards, so to speak. But I thought I'd ask.

Still in the deck, but it ill be a while yet (not 2024). It would obviously be a valuable book for the Charted Space universe but we have... a few projects on the go right now - the Fifth Frontier War, Pioneer, the Sky Raiders campaign, to pick some examples... I presume there would not be a big move for us to remove any of those from the schedule :)

Today I was poking around the interwebs for info on the Traveller's Aid Society when I came across a few references to what appears to be a 1st edition Mongoose supplement about the TAS entitled "Traveller: Traveller's Aid Society." These references seemed to be to a book about the Society itself, not some kind of collection of JTAS material.

I didn't find these listings on Amazon or Mongoose, but rather sites I'm not really familiar with: Meeplemart, Fantasiapelit, and Comixology, each offering this book for around $22 USD.

I was intrigued. I'm fairly well-versed in the Mongoose offerings but didn't recall that one so I searched the various book lists on wikipedia and on the Mongoose site... and its not listed. I can't find a mention of it anywhere except the above gaming supplement sites.

Perhaps my Google Fu is not up to scratch, but I'm wondering if there ever was such a supplement, and if so, where may it be obtained? I suspect it was a "coming soon" thing that just never came... in which case I'd love to track down who was developing it and talk about their notes.

Any info?
It was never released. Take a look at page 7 …

Back