• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Only: What would you put in Book 9?

MegaTraveller didn't provide advanced careers for all - it added special duty for all. The added special duty and the rule of 4 make a 'basic' character similar in skill level total to the advanced character generation.

Advanced character generation produces characters with more skills and a greater variety - such character generation is resolved per year and is for Army/Marines, Navy, Scouts and Merchants.

I stopped using any form of advanced character generation years ago - and you certainly can't mix and advanced with a basic
Hey, I didn't realize that. No wonder I liked MegaTraveller chargen: it didn't slow me down much.

Actually Grand Census and Grand Survey came out for CT, they where consolidated as World Builders for MT.
Thank you for that! I didn't know.

Hey, I didn't realize that. No wonder I liked MegaTraveller chargen: it didn't slow me down much.

Thank you for that! I didn't know.
Despite the fact that you commented when I showed the math on it over a decade ago... ;)

Despite the fact that you commented when I showed the math on it over a decade ago... ;)

"Congrats, self, I'm officially old!"

A decade ago... yeah not surprised I forgot about that, there's so much I've forgotten.

I'm not sure if they were included in Striker, but I'd put sailors and flyers, including the rules to build sea ships and aircrafts (aking MT COACC). IMHO those careers were underdeveloped.

It might also include Law Enforcement characters...

I'm not sure if they were included in Striker, but I'd put sailors and flyers, including the rules to build sea ships and aircrafts (aking MT COACC). IMHO those careers were underdeveloped.

It might also include Law Enforcement characters...
Striker was combat mechanics and vehicle builds, not careers. Jets and grav tanks yes, wet navy no.

Back