• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Errata Compendium

I added Gambling to all the LBB2/S4 careers in my add-on skills table. Think Advanced Education but the qualifier is INT 8+, for unusual skills that aren't core to the service

@kilemall did you ever share your "Add-On Skills" table? I'd be curious as to what your thoughts were around that...?

@kilemall did you ever share your "Add-On Skills" table? I'd be curious as to what your thoughts were around that...?
Yes I posted them in the CT area.

They are highly peculiar as they have both MgT skills I deemed needed, and very broad interpretations of skills tending towards more broad and less skill bloat/subcategory.

Hi,

After recently finishing my three "Little White Books" and marking any errors/uncertainties I came across, I have started compiling them. Given that the source for the Consolidated Errata appears lost, I took a bit of care and, well, one night wrote a program to convert my list to HTML, slapped some CSS on it and even "printed" it to PDF with Firefox.

In the spirit of the Consolidated Errata as a "living document", I uploaded the whole thing to Github, so feel free to play around with it. I can't promise to look after it in the sense of maintainership, but one can always send pull requests, or fork it for that matter.

I have (obviously) only focused on the book that I have (the Facsimile Edition of CT '81), but things are set up to accomodate more. I have already included (and attributed) things from this thread that concern the LWB but were not incorporated in the book. So far, I have typed up the items for LWB1 -- book 2 and 3 will come next. I figured this would be a good point to share my work.

Note that there is a section titled "In Need of Clarification". In it I collected things that I think are not described clearly enough in the text. I do think I understand all of these, but only after filling in a lot of blanks. In contrast, there is another section that I titled "Status Uncertain" for things I am genuinely unsure about. I want to call out the following items. Maybe the community can definitively clear some of them up.
  • LWB1, p. 14: The cash table includes entries for a roll of 7 for the Navy, Scout, and Merchant careers, even though such a roll is not possible (these careers cannot yield Gambling expertise).
  • LWB1, p. 15: Service Skills Table, Army career: Should "Air/Raft" be Grav Vehicle? Cf. pp. 17, 22, LWB p. 154.
  • LWB1, p. 15: Both education tables are titled "Advanced Education Table". Consider text on p. 10 (second to last paragraph): "The fourth is available only through advanced education". Should only the fourth table be called "Advanced"?
  • LWB1, p. 17: Should "Air/Raft" skill be Grav Vehicle? Cf. p. 22, LWB p. 154.
  • LWB1, p. 18: Should "ATV" skill be Wheeled Vehicle? Cf. p. 22, LWB p. 154.
Anyway, this is all I have for tonight. Time to get the items from those other two books typed in.
Howdy!

The last Consolidated Errata Don posted is still located in the first post of this thread. He kept the link up to date there.

I don't have the LWB stuff, but some the "Status Uncertain" things are very similar to problems addressed in the Consolidated Errata. The page numbers are way off, so I'm only speculating.

The following is from the Consolidated Errata:

THE TRAVELLER BOOK (201, 1982)
Page 25, Acquired Skills Tables, Service Skills Table (correction): The skill results for a roll of “1” for Marines, Army and Scouts should be “Vehicle”, rather than “ATV” (Marines/Army) or “Air/Raft” (Scouts).

STARTER TRAVELLER (251, 1983)
Charts and Tables Booklet:
Page 3, Acquired Skills Tables, Service Skills Table (correction): The skill results for a roll of “1” for Marines, Army and Scouts should be “Vehicle”, rather than “ATV” (Marines/Army) or “Air/Raft” (Scouts).

There are likely other problems addressed in the errata document that can make things clearer and still need to be applied to the LWBs.

Good luck

Last edited:
In regards to the Hydrographic Percentage formula correction for 1977 Book 3, does anyone know why only the change from 2D-7+Planetary Size to 2D-7+Atmosphere is listed in the Consolidated Errata and not also the change from Size 0 or 1 = automatic Hydro 0 to just Size 0 = automatic Hydro 0?

In regards to the Hydrographic Percentage formula correction for 1977 Book 3, does anyone know why only the change from 2D-7+Planetary Size to 2D-7+Atmosphere is listed in the Consolidated Errata and not also the change from Size 0 or 1 = automatic Hydro 0 to just Size 0 = automatic Hydro 0?

In this post I argue that 2D-7+atmosphere does not fix any errata. It's a back-fitting. I don't know about automatic Hydro.

The last Consolidated Errata Don posted is still located in the first post of this thread. He kept the link up to date there.
I have it and did refer/compare to it, but only to the parts about the LBB, AFAIR.

The following is from the Consolidated Errata:

THE TRAVELLER BOOK (201, 1982)
Page 25, Acquired Skills Tables, Service Skills Table (correction): The skill results for a roll of “1” for Marines, Army and Scouts should be “Vehicle”, rather than “ATV” (Marines/Army) or “Air/Raft” (Scouts).

STARTER TRAVELLER (251, 1983)
[same correction]
This item is already applied in the LWB. But there remains an entry of Air/Raft for a roll of 2 in the Army career. That is what my "uncertain" item refers to. Seeing this errata you quote makes me think this might be a simple oversight.

There are likely other problems addressed in the errata document that can make things clearer and still need to be applied to the LWBs.
I would be happy about pointers to concrete items.

On page 31 of The Traveller Book, under Mustering Out, it states that Alexander Jamison gets 2 rolls for his rank of Captain, when he should get 3 for his rank. It appears to be a hold over from the 1977 text.
Ah. I've got this, and another inconsistency wrt. mustering out in the LWB errata I compiled (see below).
mustering-out.png

To answer your original question, the Consolidated Errata by Don seems to be unmaintained since he passed away.

I compiled a lengthy errata document for the Facsimile edition of '81 Classic Traveller, the "Little White Book(s)", mainly for my own use. As such it only covers the LWB, but I will gladly accept contributions for other books, especially in the form of Github pull requests.

It's available here: https://github.com/pesco/traveller-errata

AM4 Zhodani, page 32

In the table for Genral Assignment is said it to be used only by Officers. If so, no Enlisted/NCO could go to Special Duty, and having a table for them would be moot

I'd suggest to change it to "Enlisted and NCO treat Command and Staff assignments as Unit", as does LBB4

AM4 Zhodani, page 32

In the table for Genral Assignment is said it to be used only by Officers. If so, no Enlisted/NCO could go to Special Duty, and having a table for them would be moot

I'd suggest to change it to "Enlisted and NCO treat Command and Staff assignments as Unit", as does LBB4
Question,
Where you say "the table for Genral Assignment is said it to be used only by Officers"
I see the note under the table reading "Only Officers Rank 00 to 010) use this table; all others automatically receive unit as their assignment."
Is your printing different?

Given the text in my copy, the table works as you suggest it should work,

Question,
Where you say "the table for Genral Assignment is said it to be used only by Officers"
I see the note under the table reading "Only Officers Rank 00 to 010) use this table; all others automatically receive unit as their assignment."
Is your printing different?

No, it's the same. You quoted it literally while I just pointed its meaning

Given the text in my copy, the table works as you suggest it should work,

It's not what I understand. If all others (so E1 to E9) don't use the table and are automatically assigned to "unit", how can they be assigned to Special Duty?

See that it doesn't say "treat Command and Staff as unit", as in LBB4, but that they directly don't use the table, as "Only Officers Rank (O0 to O10) use this table".

Last edited:
Back