• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Dragons

re my mini dragons from my earlier post

On a crowded scout ship one of my players noted he was on the chore board for laundry detail...commenting to me as we were on a pizza run he said he was quietly switching jobs with some one else...

I smiled and said he could switch with whoever had the pest control duty...he agreed chortling happily.

Zoom in on the chore board being examined by the largish...well, tom cat sized...mini dragon Jormungandr...who saw his name not where it usually was...making random noises his feeder person had decided was japanese baby talk to a passing player [a retired marine nco] he was told...

"Oh you've got laundry detail Jo' "..."don't starch my shorts!"

The mini dragon was later found to have washed [the players thanked the gods they had some kind of laundry soap pods and not liquid soap] and dried a single sock, his feeder persons black mega sabbath death metal tee shirt...not shrunk surprisingly... and his favorite blanket...

As he found his blanket was toasty warm he was wrapped up in it like a dragon egg roll...

As other ships have mini dragons, the scout/feeder person is now studying the other ships to see if their dragons are now running their blankets in the dryer to get a nice warm bed.

He is hoping for proof of either the dragons being telepathic, or possessing their own language...and getting into some official scientific publication.

orbital dragon hunting

Nigel 'Dragon Slayer' Smith makes plans for his fifth dragon hunt, wondering if he will solve the mystery of the three dragon hunters who went missing after their fourth dragon.
"All crew to battle stations, Dragon Slayer to the bridge on the double"!
Storming up the the bridge of his ship, the Safari ship 'Dragons Bane', he wonders what could be happening on the way to jump.
captain: dragon slayer, we could use your expertise in reaching jump. what do you make of that? (pointing towards sensors)
smith: of what? do you want to get fired, captain?
captain: sensors, tell mr. smith what the sensors show.
sensors: mr. smith. sensors show a powered object two and a half times bigger than our ship, and at least three times faster, is between us and a safe jump. the sensors show the powered object to be a life form. this is what it looks like. (shows mr. smith a view of the life form)
smith: is this a joke?! that looks like a dragon in space!
sensors: captain! the life form has ejected plasma energy in our direction, and is still blocking our exit from the planets jump shadow!
captain: well, mr. smith? you're the dragon expert. and that looks like a space dragon!
smith: uhhhh....(everything around him dissapears into a silvery mist).
powerful voice in nigels mind: Nigel 'Dragon Slayer' Smith, I have heard the cries of my kin as they died at the hands of you dragon hunters. Lets see how you fare against me!
...as i was reading the earlier posts, i was wondering 'what about a spaceship sized dragon'? D&D's Spell Jammer, as well as some other sci-fi space critters of huge proportions. (space slug the millinium falcon hid in accidentally) maybe our space dragon is around 500 dtons, G-(4-6), Jump-4?, breath is similar to 50 ton bay plasma cannon. just off the top of my head.

what about ship sized dragons? i was thinking of Spell Jammer from D&D, where they had dragons the size of, or bigger than, spell jammers used by players. also, star wars and other sci-fi have space critters bigger than some of the smaller ships. the millinium falcon was swallowed by a space slug...

what about ship sized dragons? i was thinking of Spell Jammer from D&D, where they had dragons the size of, or bigger than, spell jammers used by players. also, star wars and other sci-fi have space critters bigger than some of the smaller ships. the millinium falcon was swallowed by a space slug...

Heh :devil:

I'm not sure if I mentioned it here or elsewhere, but I had a story all geared up for a spacefighter to get into a dogfight with a mecha/robot-dragon that was "ship sized", but I never found the time nor inspiration to commit thought to paper. It does churn the imagination a bit. :D

Okay, to me this is too cool. To me this pic is one of the characters from the previous posts who's lost all his buddies, ran out of ammo, has "gone native" so to speak, spent several years with maybe a travelling merchant who deals with mostly "human" races in various hamlets, villages and towns near castles, and who also occasionally has dealings with elves, dwarves and various classic Euro-mythos folklore types, when, after travelling to this god forsaken hell hole of a fantasy planet, he comes across this in his final moments;

http://lonefirewarrior.deviantart.com/art/Imminent-Death-448763436

Safari Limited has a nice range of Dragon figures that could be used in a wide range of games, along with a host of other animals.

Thread necromancy; didn't someone make a list of stats for Fantasy Creatures for Traveller? Not just dragons, but the whole slew of them, and post them somewhere?

Yes they did. Golan and I did a while ago.

I had been working on chargen for orcs, elves and such but lost steam and never completed it.

Yes they did. Golan and I did a while ago.

I had been working on chargen for orcs, elves and such but lost steam and never completed it.

Did you post your work here or on a Traveller hosted website?

I've been feeling rather Traveller-fantasy-ish lately.

I posted them here. I believe they're in the CT section.

I ask pardon for not linking, but I am at work and lunch so can't.

If you want to do online CTF (Classic Trav Fantasy) games I'd be interested.

Hmm...there's a thought. When I ran my "Dragon's Bane" adventure last year or the year before last, I was having work and general career / life issues. Some of those still linger, but things are a little more settled now.

I still don't have home net access though, but maybe in the later half of next week I might start something.

After re-reading this thread (and laughing a great deal at all of the posts), I feel very inspired.

Back