• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Free Trader

free_trader_6_slr_sig.png

This links back to Shawn's Azun image (image snipped)

Shawn, I wrote to Michael Dooney to ask permission to use his Azun cover on my Library Data site, and also asked him about the floating spheres. ;-)

He wrote back, giving me permission, and saying:

whoa, yeah, that's some ancient history ;)

Those other images of the buildings done by Shawn Driscoll are really nice.

In my mind at the time,those spheres were supposed to be giant anti grav transport spheres ;)

Anyone want to stat them up? Shawn, for those things to be visible from above the Azun "tuning forks", how big are they exactly???

Anyone want to stat them up? Shawn, for those things to be visible from above the Azun "tuning forks", how big are they exactly???
I had a feeling they were public transit vehicles that docked to the maw openings at the base of the archologies. I have my monorails going in and out of those in some of my images, but they are so small to see.

Anyway, the "ball" I'm using is huge. Stadium-size. It's a floating arts civic center, basically. Conventions, sporting events, holo-theatrics, etc, can be held inside.

They look great!

Have you modeled the dimensions considering the size of the crew seen through the front shield vs the three levels on the ship?

Have you modeled the dimensions considering the size of the crew seen through the front shield vs the three levels on the ship?

This ship has 2 and a half decks, instead of the 3 decks I usually see drawn for Free Traders. The raised top section is actually one room that is half a deck higher than the rest of the flooring surrounding it.

This ship has 2 and a half decks, instead of the 3 decks I usually see drawn for Free Traders. The raised top section is actually one room that is half a deck higher than the rest of the flooring surrounding it.

Oooooh, that makes sense, thanks for that!

Ships....printed maybe?

Have you tried to have any of these 'printed'?

The sizes for game play would make them really really cheap, especially if you know someone with a printer.

chuck

Have you tried to have any of these 'printed'?

Some I've printed out and keep in my folder to show to players when events might happen. But if you're talking about for mini gaming use, then no. We don't do the minis thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back