• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

FTL:2448 in 2300

I look at the Tri-tac stuff as supplemental material. I like the ships though, and use the Kansas class as a large freighter in the 2300 universe.

Anyone else seen FTL:2448? It, like the Arduin Grimoire for D&D it is a nice supplement.
I have them. Tried back 30 years ago to run Stalking the Night Fantastic. We had fun. Particularly when they encountered stereo types, twins visually but only one person. (Was likely a typo but I liked the idea so I went with it.) But it didn't take as far as long term play.

That hasn't kept me from mining for ideas from the Tri-Tac games. Took Incursion into West End's D6 which worked well. Hoping we can get back to it soon.

Anyone else seen FTL:2448? It, like the Arduin Grimoire for D&D it is a nice supplement.
I picked up the combined PDF relatively recently. The setting definitely has its points of interest and mechanics look as if they'd run better than some much later offerings.

Yes. I thought Bureau 13 was too complex... and so skimmed FTL:2448... and said, "Oh, hell no!"

When a Texan belt-buckle or police badge is about 1 hit location, you've got WAY too many.

FTL:2448 is product of its times ('80s). Genius ideas, scanty in some details (a good thing) to inspire imagination, sometimes overly complex and sometimes bad production values. From a Hard Science standpoint, all the different methods of FTL travel seemed silly, but it was fine for flexible space opera/fantasy. Still it is from one of favorite game companies, Tri Tac Games. I picked it up because it was from the same company that made Fringeworthy, which I like even more. I am sad that Richard Tucholka died and never produced a d20 Modern version of it as he did with Bureau 13 and Fringeworthy or a Traveller version. But now with the new MgT2 books (High Guard and World Builder's Handbook) HMMM..:unsure: And of course he made the first K'Kree oriented skirmish game. Where do you think I got "My Little Ponies of Death from? 1248 Books? 🤪

Fringeworthy.jpgMurderhoof.jpg

Back