• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Has anyone done any Traveller art with the AI tools out there?

“Horse with tank treads, detailed matte painting, deep color, fantastical, intricate detail, quarter sheet, complementary colors, fantasy concept art, 8k resolution trending on ArtStation Unreal Engine 5” ;)
If you use the “steampunk” setting, it could probably create what YOU wanted. :ROFLMAO:

“Horse with tank treads, detailed matte painting, deep color, fantastical, intricate detail, quarter sheet, complementary colors, fantasy concept art, 8k resolution trending on ArtStation Unreal Engine 5” ;)
If you use the “steampunk” setting, it could probably create what YOU wanted. :ROFLMAO:
I stand corrected ...

PNmwHw4Uw32dW0o8tfJv--1--mld1p.jpg

pMDGCQDJKPmi4uF05jRP--1--pxxaj.jpg

(however, the AI clearly CAN create tank treads ... it just likes yanking my chain.) ;)

(however, the AI clearly CAN create tank treads ... it just likes yanking my chain.) ;)
I didn’t notice this facet on the other posted AI samples (I hadn’t been looking for it before), but both of these works have a pseudo-signature of the “AIrtist” in the lower-right corner.

I didn’t notice this facet on the other posted AI samples (I hadn’t been looking for it before), but both of these works have a pseudo-signature of the “AIrtist” in the lower-right corner.
Sarah Connor warned us ... That's how it starts!

That's because the AI is stealing art produced by actual, creative humans.

That’s because the AI is stealing art produced by actual, creative humans.
Not all AI artworks have pseudo-signatures, though — e.g. whartung’s example, just before your comment, has no signature.

Can the art style of an actual, creative human be stolen (rather than imitated) by an AI program? If an AI program generated images of cans of mythological creature soup (e.g. “Cream of Unicorn”) in a pointillist style, would that be stealing from, say, Andy Warhol, or Georges Seurat? Or would it be generating imitations of their styles, or choices of subject?

Back