• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

How often do you add to a user's reputation?

How often do you add to a user's reputation?

• About once a week

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • About once a month

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • About once a year

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Never

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Huh? What's this "reputation" thing you speak of?

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters

agorski

SOC-13
Admin Award
Forums often have a way to acknowledge contributions by those who post. It's not very obvious here but you can find out how to do it if you look closely. How prevalent is the practice on CotI?

Forums often have a way to acknowledge contributions by those who post. It's not very obvious here but you can find out how to do it if you look closely. How prevalent is the practice on CotI?

I put "Once a Month", but it is probably closer to once every several months.

As often as I see something worth clicking for, and as often it will let me. I do it a couple times a month?

Huh. I'm nobody special and I see it on every post. When you hover over the scales icon it says "Add to <user>'s reputation".

Good for you then. Seriously. :)

Could you imagine that tool in MY opinioned hands :coffeesip:

OTOH I have been here, for a while now. Should my paranoia or my ego be evaluating my reputation rating? :smirk:
(Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, guess Ill eat some worms. :CoW: Big, fat, slimy ones..)

I usually award an Administrator's Award on my birthday.
McPerth and Cryton are welcome to do so as well; cryton usually just has me include his.

There also are the scales.
Click the scales to award rep and possibly a leave a 1-liner note that the user can read.

I can't find a thumbing mechanic that doesn't try to break the BBS.

Also, as a just in case backup... if the board staff all goes down, but the board doesn't... enough negative rep automatically suspends a user.

I typically add to reputation at least a couple of times a week. If it is a good post, I like to let them know, especially if they have been on the forum a while but have not made many comments.

Back