• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Poll 2229-201. Passionate about starships?

What most defines Traveller starships for you?

• I don't geek out on starships.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robject

SOC-14 10K
Admin Award
Marquis
If you play Traveller, there's a very high chance that you'd say starships play an important role in Traveller.

This poll is an attempt to ask people who specifically geek out on starships. We'll see if there's any traction.

Maybe like me, Traveller starships is a particular passion of yours?

Last edited:
I don't believe I fall int o any of the cathegories given, as ships may be many things. Ships are just tools, albeit quite important (even critical) ones, and may fit many roles:

It may be your house, if you have none (few characters in my games have had a true home), while also being your transport means, and probably your way to earn your life.

In fact, without a ship (be owned, rented or jsut used by buying passages), you may not be a Traveller (you may play it, but your character will not be a true Traveller if (s)he does not travel).

In any case, if I had to choose something of the given options (while not fully agreeing to it) it would probably be Ship sizes are crucial forTraveller ships. And Isay I don't full yagree to it because ship sizes, IMHO, more than being critical for traveller ships are critical for Traveller universe. See taht one of the main divisions people does among their TUs is Large Ship Universe vs Small Ship Universe, and they use to be quite different...

In any case, if I had to choose something of the given options (while not fully agreeing to it) it would probably be Ship sizes are crucial forTraveller ships. And Isay I don't full yagree to it because ship sizes, IMHO, more than being critical for traveller ships are critical for Traveller universe. See taht one of the main divisions people does among their TUs is Large Ship Universe vs Small Ship Universe, and they use to be quite different...
I know what you mean and deliberately didn't go there.

This. It's sort of beside the point of the poll, though.

Agreed, it was jsut a comment about this point...

I like to design ships, mostly adventure class ones, though I have designed (and published here) some military ones (albeit usually small ones). Most of them have some experimental (some will say odd) pourposes, though,

I like more to see what can you do with limited tonnage than just design the mo nthe basis of "What do I want and how large I need the ship for it".

Not a criticism against those who like the other way, just a comment on personal tastes.

Back