• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Renkard Union

Use the Traveller Map as you can expand the map more. If I'm reading this correctly the Renkard Union covers a large portion of 5 subsectors in Luretiir!girr plus the small bit Gateway sector.

GtD says the Renkard Union is composed of 20 systems. The traveller map you linked to doesn't have any details of Luretiir!girr sector, and zooming it out so that you can see all of charted space doesn't necessarily help us, because there's no way of knowing Traveller Map when the Traveller Map is based in (is it based off of 993 Gateway Era, or CT's Golden Age of the Third Imperium 1100? etc).

What we know is that the Renkard Union is a 20 system strong polity, so I don't think it could extend into the sector by a number of subsectors. IIRC the Lords of Thunder conquered the Renkard Union around the CT era (but I don't know where I read that).

The original Charted Space map was first produced in the CT era and I've always assumed it covered the 1100s era.

The Lords of Thunder are written in The MegaTraveller Journal #4, a magazine which is as rare as hens teeth.

The writeup in GtD states the Renkard union is on the verge of collapse, in a civil war over the proper resonse to the Lords of Thunder. So either the Renkard union has disovlved by the 1100s (entirely possible) and replaced by a larger entitiy, or some event has galvanized the union into a large expansion (also very possible).

Over the course of 100 years a lot can change. I'd write this up as the large group of otherwise independent worlds, threatened by the Lords of Thunder, all "join" the Renkard Union, signing the defense and trade pact in a calvalcade.

Originally posted by stofsk:
What we know is that the Renkard Union is a 20 system strong polity, so I don't think it could extend into the sector by a number of subsectors.
I saw the 20 system reference but if you look at the borders of the Renkard Union extend into the Luretiir!girr Sector and the large entity on the Traveller Map in that area *looks* like the Renkard Union. Thus I was trying to "work" out the discrepancy. I was working on a Galatic "work up" of
Luretiir!girr, which I "think" was done by HIWG member Leroy Guatney, a number of years ago but I haven't been able to contact him.

Mike

Thread necromancy: 15 years

I took over the development of that region long after this discussion. Luretiir!girr has a dot map and is getting UWPs in pieces. All of the Renkard Union now has UWPs, as of this week. A look at the wiki page for the Union (also my update) indicates that it used to anchor a large cloud of "unaffiliated" resource worlds to trailing. As of 1105 those worlds have all been swallowed up by the Lords of Thunder, who are now defined as that cone-shaped state across the middle of Lureetiir!girr.

Back