• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Seeking LBB of CT Merchant Prince

Me too! My opinion is if you need more than a digest sized booklet then you need to rethink your game design...

Though my working copies of CT are all PDFs now. With the advent of digest sized Tablets that is almost as good as the books
So what are you doing supporting Traveller? It overflowed an LBB by a factor of 2...

I'm so conflicted. There's something very aesthetically correct about playing Traveller on a tablet or a laptop. But a) I'm all thumbs and b) I'm conditioned by decades of play to do my thinking with paper and pencil (and calculator, yeah yeah) so...
There are eInk tablets with note-taking features... I love mine. (Tho' I want to eventually upgrade to color.) Use a stylus to write on screen, and some of them even do handwriting recognition. On my Likebook Alita (10.5"), the handwriting recognition is comparable to the 2012 Galaxy Note Pro - good, not great. It also allows me to use a .jpg as a stationary file... so I have, at times, used it to fill in a character sheet. Which I can then export as an image for printing on another device.

So what are you doing supporting Traveller? It overflowed an LBB by a factor of 2...
Note CT was part of the core question....

Truth be told I find a dozen digest sized books easier to manage and reference than larger books.

Or to put it another way I prefer a related collection on Monographs that I can set on the table and cross reference rather than one bound mega tome that I constantly have to flip through.

I have in the past taken chapters of reference books (i.e. game books) and copied/printed them out such that I could hand a relevant section and hand it to another person while I am looking in another. For example when I was running TNE I took the draft of Character creation and handed it to my players durning Session Zero.

Truth be told I find a dozen digest sized books easier to manage and reference than larger books.

Or to put it another way I prefer a related collection on Monographs that I can set on the table and cross reference rather than one bound mega tome that I constantly have to flip through.
This yes exactly!

I have a copy of The Traveller Book and I never use it, ever, when I have the LBBs around, exactly because it's a pain in the ass to flip through.

Get the pdf and print out the double page charts and tables, or get the charts and tables book from Starter Edition.
Starter and TTB are (mostly) the same pages and content, all at 8.5×11 inch or so (it might be 8.25×10.75).

I've a soft-spot for TTB. It was my first edition (by a few minutes) of official Traveller. (I opened it before opening the Deluxe CT box, Christmas 1983.)

Back