• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

So, Did the Spinward Traveller Debut Happen at Gencon?

As per my blog I tied watching Space 1999 again. It honestly had/has problems. I saw the Lost in Space feature that came out some years back. Decent film. Haven't seen the new series, but some promos for it.

As per my blog I tied watching Space 1999 again. It honestly had/has problems. I saw the Lost in Space feature that came out some years back. Decent film.

Space 1999 is a product of its age in every way. It was also hampered somewhat by the recent divorce of the romantic leads. In episodes where the story doesn't require listening to the "science" too closely, the show still works.

The Lost in Space movie of 20 years ago (yep) suffered more from the name and inevitable comparisons than any perceived shortfalls in the movie itself. While the same cannot be said of every desperate remake of the last 25 years, it holds for Lost in Space.

I don't really have fond memories of the LiS movie, and I wasn't much of a fan of the show, so I don't know if I was projecting on it or not. I just know I was disappointed in it, disappointed enough to have not bothered rewatching it even when it showed up on Netflix.

I will start a new topic in the Random Static section. I hope if a Traveller TV show or movie comes around, that it's just good.

Back