• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Starships

I had a set of whitworth. I had some bikes, and worked on others. I bought a BSA off someone cheap because they had replaced every wire in the harness with 18 gauge red wire, and then the zener diode caught on fire.
I still have a toolbox filled with Whitworth, BS,and BA wrenches and sockets. Never can tell if I will lose my mind and buy another pre-unit bike or an old MG or Triumph.

I still have a toolbox filled with Whitworth, BS,and BA wrenches and sockets. Never can tell if I will lose my mind and buy another pre-unit bike or an old MG or Triumph.
Ha ha that is a good turn of a phrase. I had an MGB shortly until I was driving with my gf and suddenly the lights went out, I'm like no wait I can see under the gap, the hood had popped open and wrapped over the windshield and hit us both in the head. She didn't even remember it, knocked her cold out. I think I might have been driving for a few minutes after it hit us, only semi-consciously. I told the guys at the parts store, and they said yeah, a leather strap for the hood is a popular item.

Ha ha that is a good turn of a phrase. I had an MGB shortly until I was driving with my gf and suddenly the lights went out, I'm like no wait I can see under the gap, the hood had popped open and wrapped over the windshield and hit us both in the head. She didn't even remember it, knocked her cold out. I think I might have been driving for a few minutes after it hit us, only semi-consciously. I told the guys at the parts store, and they said yeah, a leather strap for the hood is a popular item.
That happened with my brothers Cortina but it was a hard top, it did get exciting fast, My TR-3 came with hood pins, my TR-4A hinged from the front, and my Bug-eyed Sprite- well I don't think it would go fast enough to worry about that happening. But if it did it would have been spectacular as the whole front of the car opened.

That happened with my brothers Cortina but it was a hard top, it did get exciting fast, My TR-3 came with hood pins, my TR-4A hinged from the front, and my Bug-eyed Sprite- well I don't think it would go fast enough to worry about that happening. But if it did it would have been spectacular as the whole front of the car opened.
Those Bug eyed sprites were neat, and you could get the lucas flamethrower super bright head lamps for them, I think they were for e-types, though they fit in the same buckets or something.

To be, or not to be. that is the question.

These two figures are my answer to you.
There's a lot of detail and hull color problem, and a lot of work to do.

Gods in the details.

It's always nice to see the Imperial Navy's prototype pre-commissioning unit and its final In-Service production model side-by-side. :)

(Perhaps that is what the green hull coloration designates? PCU vs. INS - Just a thought).
  • PCU = Pre-Commissioning Unit
  • INS = Imperial Naval Vessel

The CE_NEW_MODEL08J image looks so much better in space than the 000400CE (6) image!
  • The green dorsal over black ventral looks like it wants to camouflage itself in green forrest terrain (wait, what? :oops:).
  • The white dorsal over black ventral ... looks "NASA-ish" aerospace engineering colored in a way that is both aesthetically pleasing and also better looking. Details are clearer and you wind up with a better looking image. (y)

To be, or not to be. that is the question.

There's a lot of detail and hull color problem, and a lot of work to do.

Gods in the details.
Looks like you did more than just a palette swap there!
(And yes, there's always something to fix.)

The CE_NEW_MODEL08J image looks so much better in space than the 000400CE (6) image!
  • The green dorsal over black ventral looks like it wants to camouflage itself in green forrest terrain (wait, what? :oops:).
  • The white dorsal over black ventral ... looks "NASA-ish" aerospace engineering colored in a way that is both aesthetically pleasing and also better looking. Details are clearer and you wind up with a better looking image. (y)
I'm seeing shading/lighting contrast issues with the lighting on the right (vessel-right) V-tail fin, I think -- or, more likely, it's the angles of the panel lines there that are throwing something off.

Edit: got it. There's a bit of shading on the earlier (green) one on a couple of the forward panels that demonstrates that the fin is 3-dimensional and beveled at the leading edge and tip. That shading detail isn't present in the new (grey) one, although the line curvature is.

compared.jpg
Also, there are significant stylistic changes (which are a matter of taste) -- different dorsal turret, differently-shaped "afterburner nozzle petals," and a lot more surface detail and greebles (wikipedia).

Let's return to the Broadsword.

This painting was drawn in reference to

William H. Keith, Jr.: BROADSWORD, JTAS, No.8, pp.27,1981
William H. Keith, Jr.: CT A07 BROADSWORD, pp.19,1982

Today (23 Feb) is Emperor's Birthday (Japanese national holiday).

Attachments

• CUTTER_SCENE_C.jpg
    CUTTER_SCENE_C.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 33
DONOSEV CLASS SURVEY STARSHIP 000

Using a 400-ton hull, the Donosev Class Survey Scout is used to continually resurvey the interior regions of the Imperium, updating maps and charts, and maintaining beacons and markers for astrogation hazards.
Construction and material standards for exterior features, interior details, and interior conditions are typical of those found in Imperial military vessels.
As is the case with most modern Scout vessels, the Donosev Class Survey Scout is not equipped for use in hostile areas.

Attachments

• 400dtSurveyScout21_000x2C.jpg
    400dtSurveyScout21_000x2C.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 37
DONOSEV CLASS SURVEY STARSHIP 000

Using a 400-ton hull, the Donosev Class Survey Scout is used to continually resurvey the interior regions of the Imperium, updating maps and charts, and maintaining beacons and markers for astrogation hazards.
Construction and material standards for exterior features, interior details, and interior conditions are typical of those found in Imperial military vessels.
As is the case with most modern Scout vessels, the Donosev Class Survey Scout is not equipped for use in hostile areas.
Beautiful art, thank you for posting. :)

Here to announce the arrival of the Media service for Citizens of the Imperium. Posting to the Media area is limited to the Moot members in good standing. Everyone is allowed to see the pictures posted.

If you look at the very top menu there is a "Media" option. Under here are two General areas to upload public pictures. I can, by suggestion of the Moot, add additional categories for these public areas.

You can also create a Personal Album, for which you can set permissions on who can see it (including everyone).

You may comment on, rate, or leave emoji feedback on each image, or in the Personal Albums for others.

All of the rules of commentary and of images apply to the Media gallery as well. Please don't upload images copyrighted by others without permission. It would be appreciated if you could mark AI generated images as such, especially the ones you create.

There is a limit of 2Mb for image size, this is a server wide limit and can only be changed by mucking with several server configuration files.

You can embed links to other hosting services for larger images or videos. The downside here is external hosting services sometimes go away, or substitute images.

Please enjoy this new feature of the CotI forums.
As you know, I used to post these spaceships on the old boards.
Is there a need to repost these old images?
If you wish, I would like to explore the inside of my hard drive.

Yes, there is a need. :)

And also, magmagmag, I would say hold on for a few more days, as there may be a meaningful announcement about to be posted on the board that impacts you and your work (in a good way).

I will not say more at the moment.

Magmagmag, have you considered creating a Personal Album in your account for your work? That would make it much easier to post and/or upload, and for others to find and/or comment on individual projects.

It does require you to be a Moot-member, however. With the copious volume of work that you produce, it may be worth considering. Just a thought. I think your work is of superb quality and an incalculably valuable resource to both the COTI Board and the Traveller community in general.

It does require you to be a Moot-member, however.
@magmagmag is worthy of an Honour Knighthood for notable achievements in 🎨 The Arts. ⭕

I would have used a ✔️ instead, but in the Japanese educational system a ✔️ indicates a wrong answer, while a ⭕ indicates a correct answer. Just one of those little cultural nuances you can pick up as a result of being an anime otaku for over 30+ years. 😅

So as a courtesy to @magmagmag I'm using the ⭕ instead to avoid any potential culture mismatch between east and west.

Back