• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 status

$950 for a book I later bought a second copy of at the FLGS and yet another copy of CT. I didn't even get a complimentary set of dice. It's not the money so much as the lack of progress on Galaxiad and Player's Guide.
Galaxiad NPC and art? Nope.
Player's Guide? Nope

The 5.1 kickstarter said there would be an adventure, did that ever get published?
Work is ongoing on Galaxiad. I've seen some draft chapters. Yes, it's WAY overdue... but there is work happening and it's not just Marc working on it. I am not at liberty to say more at this time.

Hi.

I'm kind of new to the whole traveller universe (the games and the lore) and I would've liked to know what are those two books (the Player's Guide and the "Galaxiad" one?) about? I suppose the Guide is a rules-light version of the 3 corebooks, and perhaps galaxiad is a lore supplement?

I'm a bit lost with all that's happening with the different editions and all that, but I think I'll be going with T5 in the near future, so I wanted to know what was going on with this line of products ^^

Thanks!

Hi.

I'm kind of new to the whole traveller universe (the games and the lore) and I would've liked to know what are those two books (the Player's Guide and the "Galaxiad" one?) about? I suppose the Guide is a rules-light version of the 3 corebooks, and perhaps galaxiad is a lore supplement?

I'm a bit lost with all that's happening with the different editions and all that, but I think I'll be going with T5 in the near future, so I wanted to know what was going on with this line of products ^^

Thanks!

Player's Guide:
The Player's Guide is going to be a cut down version of the Core Rules that includes only the stuff that is typically used at the table for the actual gaming session (i.e. not the Makers Rules, Star System generation, Starship building rules, other GM session-preparation stuff, etc) organized in an easy-to-access format for using during play.

The Official Traveller Universe (OTU) Setting:
  • The setting of the original game (now known as "Classic Traveller" - "CT") back in the 1970s-1980s were the years 1100-1115 Imperial (~ 5625 AD on the Terran Calendar) on the borders of an interstellar empire known as the "Third Imperium".
  • In the late 1980s MegaTraveller ("MT") detailed a Rebellion and Civil War in the Imperium during the period from 1116-1130, ended by a self-replicating AI computer-virus that collapsed all of interstellar society.
  • In the early 1990s Traveller: The New Era ("TNE") and other third-party publications detailed the slow reemergence of pockets of civilization from the ashes of this collapse in the period 1200-1250.
  • In the late 1990s Marc Miller's Traveller was released (also known as "T4") and looked backward, detailing the founding and early years of the "Third Imperium" 1500 years after the collapse of the "Rule of Man" (or "Second Imperium" as it came to be known) and ensuing "Long Night". The founding of the Third Imperium is "Year 0", and the setting covers the years 000-200.

• The Galaxiad is the proposed setting to go along with the T5 ruleset based on the Official Traveller Universe (OTU) setting of Charted Space. The setting is set in the year 1902 (long after the TNE setting of the years 1200-1250), which it turns out did not manage to really get off the ground long-term due to some impending setting elements in that setting's description (the "Empress Wave" in particular). By the year 1900 or so pockets of stability are once again emerging, but with technology higher than ever before achieved within Charted Space by current species, which also changes the landscape (space-scape?) of what interstellar societies, polities, and trade looks like. This setting will allow GMs to explore into entirely new regions of the Galaxy that have never been charted before, and explore the ramifications of new High-Tech technology that has never been in existence within the OTU in past editions of the game. The Galaxiad might potentially look and feel very different to past iterations of the OTU due to the technology available in the setting.

Marc Miller is still actively working on both of these products with others who are members of this forum. You can search for the topic "Galaxiad" on the threads here (especially under the user "Robject" on this forum, and this thread of his is relevant: Republic of Regina 1902 Gaming Kit . There used to be a brief 2-page PDF summary on the FFE website of the setting called "GalaxiadIntroPublic.pdf", but I think it has been taken down or moved. Perhaps it is posted somewhere on this forum in the Files section.

Last edited:
Hello All, I was hoping to get a status report on the Player's Guide and The Galaxiad. I will be starting a T5 campaign in the next month, and it would be really great if I could purchase a copy of The Galaxiad, and I know most of my players want a cut version of the full set of T5 books (Player's Guides). I would like one too for me while I referee the game. Perhaps, Robject or maybe Aramis would like to chime in? I know you all work closely with Marc.

--
Best,
Mike W.
Moot Baron, Player since CT (1980), Owner all the Traveller Editions, Supporter of Traveller KSs, and Referee of the Greatest SF RPG

Back