• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 status

Marc mentioned in his recent email (with the PDF download notification) that he will probably do a PDF update sometime around the end of August, around the time when the physical product ships.

I'll type up a errata doc tomorrow with what has been found so far.

I have to ask: So far, what would you say the level of errata developing here is as compared to 5.0? Less, about the same, more?

I have to ask: So far, what would you say the level of errata developing here is as compared to 5.0? Less, about the same, more?

Way way way less.
The text has been out for a week and we have maybe 15 errata so far, and some of that is errata that was never noticed in 5.0 and 5.09.

On a 900+ pages and 3 books... that is bloody brilliant.

Still not getting any of these purported emails despite signing up 8 times at this point. (And yes I've checked my spam folder.)

Why can't he just update the f'ing kickstarter page?!

I just got a notice from DTRPG when the files updated.

I don't see an email either, I know I (used to?) get them before, and even flagged them as not spam, as they were going there.

I've managed to make a character with any issues being me jumping to the charts and not reading first.

A few things aren't clear, including my pet peeve (due to personal experience) of character death, but at least we're closer than 5.09, IMO.

I'm pretty much optimistic at this point, I feel like I can run the game now without being overloaded with errata or confusion.

Considering it was in beta for years, then backed by a large number of players and had another 7 years of review this version should be errata free. But no, it looks like it's got a nice growing pile of errata and was sent to print before anything could be fixed...again.

What a waste of money.

Considering it was in beta for years, then backed by a large number of players and had another 7 years of review this version should be errata free. But no, it looks like it's got a nice growing pile of errata and was sent to print before anything could be fixed...again.

What a waste of money.

Not the value that I'd hoped for, but not even close to being a "waste of money".

oh how much

So do we have a running idea of the errata and their type? Typos I can live with or other grammar issues. But I hope the rules are clear enough to actually play the game.

Maybe Traveller 6 will be a back to basics version, that is playtested, released in pdf form to kickstarter backers before the final version goes to print.

I have backed quite a few rpg kickstarters, the best of them release the draft text as either a backer bonus during or at the completion of the kickstarter. The important bit is what happens next. Lots and lots of feedback with regards to typos and clarifications, this ensures that the final print version is relatively werror free.

We may eventually see an error corrected pdf, but the priont nook is sadly yet another flawed T5 product.

But it is a flawed gem, the various tools presented in the book are some of the best for any sci fi rpg I have seen.

...didn't submit much for t5 spelling/layout feedback.

Don't worry; some folks submitted so many pages of it in the pre- and post-publishing periods, and saw nothing change for so long, that we've not really seen the point in hunting for remaining errors. It's easier to live with what we've got in hopes that having 5.10 out and not piling up errata might encourage development of more T5 material now.

Don't worry; some folks submitted so many pages of it in the pre- and post-publishing periods, and saw nothing change for so long, that we've not really seen the point in hunting for remaining errors. It's easier to live with what we've got in hopes that having 5.10 out and not piling up errata might encourage development of more T5 material now.

Why bother compiling the errors to show it needs to be fixed only to have him do another version for another 100+ thousand dollars and not fix a god damned thing.

I was a T5.10 Kickstarter supporter and received my package a few days ago.
Have not been able to go over it yet, medical appointments got in the way.
(Upshot of that, I am now 4 1/2 years post diagnosis for pancreatic cancer, with no evidence of recurrence as of yet.)

At first glance, I like the Three Big Black Books reformat. As the majority of my Travelling over the years has been the Three Little Black Books (still use my set from 1978) and the attendant supplements, adventures, non-GDW materials and so forth, will take my time absorbing the changes before making a firm decision.

Back