• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller on Roll20?

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
I was wondering if anyone is playing Traveller on Roll20.

I was looking to do a GM-less game to try it out, but if possible, I was wondering if I could Lurk on someone's current game.

Yeah been playing an Aramis Subsector / not quite the Traveller Adventure campaign on Roll20 for about 2 years (start of lockdown). Its gone really well. I find the platform fairly easy to use, tho there is a little bit of a learning curve. We're not playing currently - seasonal commitments and all that - but you'd be very welcome to come and take a look if you fancy.

I would be down to run something for you on Roll20. I am going to have some more free time come the week of the 17th of December.

I use Roll20 for all my Traveller games that are not done in person. Simple to use. Though we use Discord for a voice channel.

I would be down to run something for you on Roll20. I am going to have some more free time come the week of the 17th of December.

I use Roll20 for all my Traveller games that are not done in person. Simple to use. Though we use Discord for a voice channel.
Awesome! I'd like to try a short one just to see what it's like, if that's ok.

Yeah been playing an Aramis Subsector / not quite the Traveller Adventure campaign on Roll20 for about 2 years (start of lockdown). Its gone really well. I find the platform fairly easy to use, tho there is a little bit of a learning curve. We're not playing currently - seasonal commitments and all that - but you'd be very welcome to come and take a look if you fancy.
Thanks! I will definitely try that.

I’ve been involved in a long running D&D 5e campaign for several months on Roll20, as a player it’s been quite easy to get into and to game. We also use a Discord channel for voice chat, with Roll20 providing the common map, dice roller and campaign history (library data). Works great. The group has said they want to try Traveller when the campaign wraps up, and I would GM it.

I have a three week hiatus starting that same week. I’d love to jump in if you guys are open to it.

If there is room for someone else, I would like to try the D20 traveller myself. Have not use the system to play any games at all, so is there someplace I am able to read up on the basic operations so I can start getting up to speed on how to use it ?? Thank you. Keith

Well, if you need an able spacehand i'll patch my vacc suit and pack a bag.
I've played some games on roll 20, systems good but players there seem to be ...well...let's say fickle to be kind.
i'll watch the forum here to see whats forming. Seems like a sub-forum(or directory or whatever ya call it) for roll 20 games would be great here!

"Owlbear Rodeo" is a light weight version of roll 20. no frills just map and counters. it does allow the GM/DM to save the state of the game as an xml file.
check it out... i use it to even play some wargames (dawn patrol/submarine).
you can import all your own graphics as a GM and it is sent to players.
You are almost tempting me to run a Traveller game online!

I've been running a text based serial here...https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewforum.php?f=1027. There are several others on this forum run by various GMs with various levels of success. n.b. off-line text based games take a long while to do anything.

An on-line, real time games get run occasionally on discord - can't say I've every joined one as they don't fit to well with the house routine and time-zone.

Back