• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Trying to Fix T5 Melee Combat

Basing melee on Str does not make sense to me. My observation of actual melee of many types has convinced me that Dex should be the fasis for Melee combat with Str affecting damage and what tools/weapons one can use during melee. So, if I were to go with Mark's imagining of the Melee rules I would use Str as the pool and base MN on Dex. I understand that I am in the minority (of 1?) on this point.

That written, I am working on a Melee system that more closely follows the task rules, is based upon Dex, implements the affects of Knowledges and Skills, and accounts for one's affinity for one's natural C2 (i.e., Dex, Agi, Gra) in non-native environments (e.g., a Gra-based entity engaging in melee in an environment where Dex is the natural C2), whether or not one chooses to defend against attacks, and the number of opponents with which an individual is engaged in the melee.

Back