• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Virtual Tabletops

I've messed around with roll20 some, and an Australian friend has offered to run a game of mgt2 there, though I have not had the energy to pursue it.

I’ve played in MGT2e and CT games on roll20 but I much prefer Foundry for games I run so I use the TwoDSix system there.

we use Owlbear.rodeo when we need to. It is pretty straightforward and simple to use. I've tried a few others, and while I'd love to use them my group is mostly tech illiterate and getting them through the learning curve, though in the end worth it, is just too much for them to deal with.

I've been using GTove.

It uses your Google Drive to host your resources, and a web app interface. It's good, not great.

I'm sore tempted to get the Foundry VTT, which I have used once, as one of the players had it and the module. I liked it, but note that it needs hosting, too.

I'm sore tempted to get the Foundry VTT, which I have used once, as one of the players had it and the module. I liked it, but note that it needs hosting, too.
It only needs hosting if you want to persist it for your players to log into outside of game times, or if your internet service is really slow or your provider won’t allow incoming connections. Otherwise you can fire it up on the same desktop PC you plan to GM from, and players connect to that via the web. I run 2 instances of it from a little Raspberry Pi in my basement.

Back