• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What the "High Guard Fix" does to canon LBB2 ships

What is the minimum allowed amount of pp fuel for a 100t+ ship in LBB2 77 edition?
How many turns can this minimum amount of fuel be used for?
The minimum fuel is 10,000kg, the minimum number of turns is 288 - I really don't see how that can be anything other than a minimum of 34.7kg of fuel per turn. Yes you can carry more than 10,000kg of fuel and therefore get more turns, but the minimum is the minimum.

Last edited:
No, it is 10t per the rules as written in LBB2

I mean if you want to throw it open to the whole Traveller corpus then the correct answer is 0.

What is the minimum allowed amount of pp fuel for a 100t+ ship in LBB2 77 edition?
How many turns can this minimum amount of fuel be used for?
The minimum fuel is 10,000kg, the minimum number of turns is 288 - I really don't see how that can be anything other than a minimum of 34.7kg of fuel per turn. Yes you can carry more than 10,000kg of fuel and therefore get more turns, but the minimum is the minimum.
The minimum is 10Td/Pn.
That amount suffices for "one trip", regardless of how much or how little the maneuver drive is used during the trip. It's a bookkeeping simplification.

It's more than clipped a little, even common area behind the staterooms is clipped:
View attachment 3481
Most of the Upper gallery and cargo hold are outside the hull.

OK, that has never stopped me from using the deckplans...

I think someone said the designer used very low deck height, or something like that.
Having done 3d plans ... The plans do not use 3m tall decks. They're more 2 or 2.1 meter decks.

Note that with 2m decks, the cargo bay has a forward wall, and the dupper and lower decks, while not full height, DO have their exterior edges of the plan within the hull.
According to the ANSI Guideline, to be included in the finished square footage count, rooms/spaces/areas are supposed to have a ceiling height of at least seven feet for over half of the space, and no portion of the finished area can have a ceiling height of less than 5 feet.

Not that this directly applies, of course. :)

Link: housemeasures dot com

According to the ANSI Guideline, to be included in the finished square footage count, rooms/spaces/areas are supposed to have a ceiling height of at least seven feet for over half of the space, and no portion of the finished area can have a ceiling height of less than 5 feet.

So none of the seats on an airplane are inside the airplane. ;)

I had calculations for this a long while back.

You had to account for plumbing and gravitational plating, or not, since it's also use and race dependent, since a cargo hold had different needs from a crew corridor.

Note that with 2m decks, the cargo bay has a forward wall, and the dupper and lower decks, while not full height, DO have their exterior edges of the plan within the hull.
I don't understand? Some of the decks are within the hull but most of the upper and lower decks are outside the hull, as the cross-section by the bulkhead between the bridge and the quarters show:
Skärmavbild 2023-04-08 kl. 09.58.png
The maximum ceiling height at the centreline if the ship is 0.5 m, the outer walls of the decks are outside the hull.

Even the main deck is down to 0.75 m at the outer walls, or perhaps less counting the thickness of the hull armour.

2.5m minimum makes sense given the inherent need for ceiling/floor space for power/control/environmental/fuel lines.

You don't have to make it fatter, you can just colour within the lines. E.g.:

Skärmavbild 2023-04-09 kl. 18.47.png
Skärmavbild 2023-04-09 kl. 18.48.png

Note that the hull is only about 80 Dt according to S7 dimensions.

Or make the hull slightly larger with roughly the same relative dimensions:
This attempt is ~105 Dt:
Skärmavbild 2023-04-09 kl. 18.54.png

Skärmavbild 2023-04-09 kl. 18.55.png

And you can have vastly over-sized crew quarters, all within the hull.

Last edited:
... or just start over with a clean sheet of paper and design a DIFFERENT 100 dTon wedge shaped ship. ;)

Varies by state as a matter of law. ANSI carries no actual force.
Alaska, if the ceiling area from 5' upwards averages 7', it counts towards habitable space; for a typical sloped ceilinf this means 9' peak. Areas less than 5' don't count. At one point, the outer bound was 4'... late 1980's... so some friends places now no longer count as having a habitable upstairs loft...
Oregon requires 6' 8".
Texas requires 6' 8" unless there are ceiling hanging lights, in which case the ceiling needs to be 9'...
2m is 6' 6.7"
2.1m is a hair shy of 6' 11".

Back