• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

World Building Survey

World Building Survey

• Total voters

Mår Ekkertsen

SOC-12
Peer of the Realm
I'm beginning a project that will require me to build a few systems and I'm curious what YOUR favorite world building system is, and why you like the one you use.

I selected World Builder's Handbook primarily because I like the detailed law, government, and tech level stats. They make detailing a world so much more interesting.

While the stellar data was, IIRC, flawed, I could live with it.

The only book I currently have with detailed world creation information is the CT Scouts supplement, so that's what I use.

Hulloo!
Me personally...I use the World Tamers with Home rules gleaned from having Traveller Webring's Missouri Archives/TNe. Having set about collapsing the Imperium by hand in MT hex sector maps, based on UPPs I could get me hands on, I cam across a few things that made me sit up and wonder.

#1) Like worlds with no GGs. I use the house rules in collapse to lessen affects of Tech decline by 1 factor or die modifier.
#2) I use Hard Times to find is Wilds, Outlands/ Frontier or Safe is where it lies. No mercy for safes--where the X-web was still functional. Outlands and Wilds, I collapse with HT tables, then drop from there with the Virus from TNE.

Correcting data...
example, Zarushagar, as per Challenge 77, stated the rolls were pregen, and a huge amount of the worlds were ?-100434-?. So, I took the TNE handbook, looked at orbit zones for their stars,
and modified the sizes based on the die mods of where "mainworld" was supposed to lie in the habitable zone.
This is an ongoing project on DED's site...we're about halfway done with the thing.

my 1.25Cr worth!

I voted other because you forgot one: GURPS Traveller: First In is the most complete (and correct) of the lot. Which is why I use it.

Originally posted by tjoneslo:
I voted other because you forgot one: GURPS Traveller: First In is the most complete (and correct) of the lot. Which is why I use it.
I thank you guys. Somehow I had forgotten GT:FI too. Must be all the time I've spent working out of the World Builder's Handbook from DGP.

Do any of the 'House Rules' voters out there have a public link to the stuff they like?

Originally posted by n2s:
I'm beginning a project that will require me to build a few systems and I'm curious what YOUR favorite world building system is, and why you like the one you use.
I selected Gurps Traveller as I considered GT:First In to be the GT system. It's far and away the best one so far.

William

Back