• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Errata Compendium

[FONT=arial,helvetica]OK, here are the final two designs:

The file "HIVER EXPLORER" shows the ship stats as per CT LBB2 2ed, unmodified by the Hiver ship design rules in CT AM7. The bridge costs for this design are the standard MCr 0.5 per dTon which is the same cost in CT AM7 for a multi-species bridge.

The file "HIVER EXPLORER Adjusted" shows the ship stats as per CT LBB2 2ed, but with the modifications from CT AM7 to the bridge cost (MCr 0.4 per dTon for Hiver-only operated ships) and the halving of the cost of the Model/3 computer and the doubling of the computer's program capacity.

Both designs still exceed the allocated space in the hull for the drives, and both designs exceed the hull capacity of 200 dTons.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
OK, I did the Hiver Explorer: it is borkne. Question: should I be using 1st or 2nd edition LBB2, or TTB?

Using CT Book 2 2ed:

1. The drives given in AM7 won't fit into the allocated 15 dTon drive section of the 200 ton hull. The drives total 40 tons (J-D=25 + M-D=5 + PP=10 = 40).
2. The ship build time in LBB2 2ed for a 200 dTon hull is 12 months; CT AM7 states 11 months.
3. By my calculations, the ship comes out at MCr 123.1; CT AM7 says MCr 113.1.
4. There are 10 staterooms; 5 for crew + 5 for passengers. CT AM7 says that double occupancy allows 15 total onboard - incorrect? Should be 20? Not sure.

I also still need to apply all the changes for Hiver ships listed on p. 38.

More to come.

1: use a custom hull. It's a Bk2 option.

Here is the Hiver Explorer with a custom hull to solve the "drives won't fit" problem (without Hiver-only modifications).

Attachments

• HIVER EXPLORER Custom Hull.pdf
    155.8 KB · Views: 3
And here is the Hiver Explorer ship, built using a 200 dTon custom hull and with the Hiver-only modifications from CT AM7 (38, 39).

Attachments

• HIVER EXPLORER Adjusted Custom Hull.pdf
    156.5 KB · Views: 4
OK, this is the final variant of the Hiver Explorer: a custom hull (MCr 20, 12 months build time), multi-species bridge (MCr 0.5 per dTon, instead of MCr 0.4 for a Hiver-only bridge) and a Hiver computer (computer cost is halved, capacity is doubled).

The final price is very close to the price shown in CT AM7 - this design is MCr 111.1, the price shown in CT AM7 is MCr 113.1 - a difference of a mere MCr 2.

However, the total dTonnage of all the components is still 204 dTons in a 200 dTon hull. This applies across all of the designs I've posted.

Attachments

• HIVER EXPLORER Adjusted Custom Hull Multi Species.pdf
    119.1 KB · Views: 7
OK, I forgot to include streamlining in all of the above designs, and CT AM7 specifically states that all the designs in the book have multi-species bridges. :eek:

Taking that into account, the final design is the one above this post with MCr 2 of streamlining added - bringing the final cost to MCr 113.1...... which is the same as in the book :eek: :D

Working on putting a new release together... I'll be going through these again (and Gruffty, thanks for the Hiver ships!!!).

RE: Striker Book 3 Page 43.

Reviewing the costs for radar and ladar and comparing between Striker and MT, it appears that the costs for radar in Striker are too high by a factor of 10.

In MT, ladar costs 10 times a radar set that weighs the same. In Striker, the two cost the same.

Recommend:

Page 74: Under Target Acquisition Radar change "Price: Cr10,000 times weight. All weather radar costs Cr15,000 times weight." to read "Price: Cr1,000 times weight. All weather radar costs Cr1,500 times weight."

This change will give the same results as the tables in the MT RM.

I was looking at this...

Page 74?

You might want to add the rules for Tranq to Mercenary. There are multiple contradictory rules from apocrypha, but I suggest that Snapshot's rule is most canonical:

Gas will only affect an individual who is not protected by a vacc suit, combat
armor, battle dress, or breathing masks. It imposes 1D hits on the turn it hits and
on the two succeeding turns.

Tranq is a drug injected by a special cartridge and may or may not be in
sufficient dosage to affect an individual. The target, when hit, must throw his
endurance or less to avoid being affected. If the throw fails, the target is immediately
rendered unconscious.

I responded to this above... How does this detail (from Snapshot) vary from the article in JTAS #23?

Query: Admin crew salaries under Bk2? (TTB 59 requires them on large ships, but doesn't say what they get paid. ) Similarly, Marine Salaries?

Unfortunately, the IE salary list and the CT salary list have no relation...

The CT list is:

Position Minimum Skill Monthly Salary
Pilot Pilot-1 Cr6,000
Navigator Navigation-1 Cr5,000
Engineer Engineering-1 Cr4,000
Steward Steward-1 Cr3,000
Medic Medical-1 Cr2,000
Gunner Gunnery-1 Cr1,000
Crew members who have skill levels greater than that shown are generally paid an additional 10% per skill level greater than 1.

and the MT list is:

Bridge Crew: Cr500 times Basic Rank plus 10% for each level of Pilot or Navigation or Leader skill.
Engineering Crew: Cr500 times Basic Rank plus 10% for each level of Engineering skill.
Maintenance Crew: Cr500 plus 10% for each level of Admin or Mechanical skill.
Command Crew: Cr1000 times Rank plus 10% for each level of Pilot or Leader.
Gunners: Cr500 plus 10% for each level of any applicable Gunnery skill.
Flight Crew: Cr1000 plus 10% for each level of Pilot or Ship’s Boat skill.
Ship’s Troops: Cr500
Stewards: Cr500 times Steward skill.
Frozen Watch: Cr500.
Medical Crew: Cr500 times Medical skill.

So while MT does cover more the subject in more detail, it doesn't mesh with the CT numbers at all. Suggestions?

OK, I forgot to include streamlining in all of the above designs, and CT AM7 specifically states that all the designs in the book have multi-species bridges. :eek:

Taking that into account, the final design is the one above this post with MCr 2 of streamlining added - bringing the final cost to MCr 113.1...... which is the same as in the book :eek: :D

So no errata for the Hiver explorer, is that what I understand?

RE: Striker Book 3 Page 43.

Reviewing the costs for radar and ladar and comparing between Striker and MT, it appears that the costs for radar in Striker are too high by a factor of 10.

In MT, ladar costs 10 times a radar set that weighs the same. In Striker, the two cost the same.

Recommend:

Page 74: Under Target Acquisition Radar change "Price: Cr10,000 times weight. All weather radar costs Cr15,000 times weight." to read "Price: Cr1,000 times weight. All weather radar costs Cr1,500 times weight."

This change will give the same results as the tables in the MT RM.

MajorB -- I still don't know what "page 74" refers to...

You might want to add the rules for Tranq to Mercenary. There are multiple contradictory rules from apocrypha, but I suggest that Snapshot's rule is most canonical:

Gas will only affect an individual who is not protected by a vacc suit, combat armor, battle dress, or breathing masks. It imposes 1D hits on the turn it hits and on the two succeeding turns.

Tranq is a drug injected by a special cartridge and may or may not be in
sufficient dosage to affect an individual. The target, when hit, must throw his endurance or less to avoid being affected. If the throw fails, the target is immediately rendered unconscious.

tbeard -- had a chance to compare this to JTAS #23 yet?

Alien Module 4

Page 45
Maximum Activity Level need clarification.
Replace the text with the text from Book 3 page 39.

Also a Question

Should non Zho Psionics have the chance to use Far Orbit range? As far as I can see it's only in AM4.

Also the psionic talents are easer to roll for in AM4. It's likely that they were adjusted because they are a psionic sociaty, but it might be worth a thought or maybe a clarification.

Regards,

Ewan

Back