• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Pocket Empires Setting

JBRocky

SOC-11
Thinking of running a Traveller campaign and one of the ideas I have is a Pocket Empires Campaign but wondering where a good spot to put it would be. So for anyone who has done this before where did you place it?

Are you asking for a physical location or a setting, possibly in an earlier Melieu?

Looking for a Physical setting. Don't have Grand Survey but not overly worried since I was never that impressed by it. One of the plans is Melieu so will need to modify what Sector data I have, don't think it will be that hard to tone down TL, Startport and some of the other stats just trying to get a good idea of where to start.

Looking for a Physical setting. Don't have Grand Survey but not overly worried since I was never that impressed by it. One of the plans is Melieu so will need to modify what Sector data I have, don't think it will be that hard to tone down TL, Startport and some of the other stats just trying to get a good idea of where to start.

Grand Census was the better of the two - it has the social side, rather than the physical.

MT's World Builder's Handbook is both in one volume, save for one missing table.

Grand Census was the better of the two - it has the social side, rather than the physical.

MT's World Builder's Handbook is both in one volume, save for one missing table.

Oops my apology I don't have First Survey, I have both MT books.

Not sure if it's what you are interested in, but my signature has a link to a pocket empires type of setting (a handful of worlds per interstellar nation) set at the end of the Long Night.

Not sure if it's what you are interested in, but my signature has a link to a pocket empires type of setting (a handful of worlds per interstellar nation) set at the end of the Long Night.

I see that you are making progress on your Terran Dawn campaign.

I am lucky enough to have a copys of the TNE Traveller 1248 books, and, after making a slight modification to the way virus works, have it set up for use as a PE setting should my players take the game that direction.

I am lucky enough to have a copys of the TNE Traveller 1248 books, and, after making a slight modification to the way virus works, have it set up for use as a PE setting should my players take the game that direction.

Been thinking of getting the PDF for those and doing a PE based around the Duchy of Oasis, jsut one of my many ideas though.

Back