• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Would like your input regarding my blog

Waaaaaay back when, I had designed geomorphic panels, terrain and "deck" and starport-levels of detail, both by hand and by computer (and also programmatically). Nowhere near your excellent level of detail or skill, but enough to be usable.

It's just fun and interesting, in the same sort of way generating a random sub sector is fun and interesting.

I'd like to suggest a variant of something between the ship plans and the A to Z theme-

building facility plans.

THAT is what is missing.

Especially what architecture and how we live and work could change with a lot more juice available cheaply, ubiquitous computing and robots, and grav tech.

That's my day job. Not sure I want it spilling over into my hobby ;) Actually though, many of the geomorphs I've drawn could easily be used as components of a building.

Your day job is designing gravitically enhanced buildings?

I'm thinking this is exactly the sort of thing to let your imagination run wild with the possibilities of crazy materials tech, power usage and technology to make places that are VERY different.

The ability and potential aesthetics of buildings of the future should be comparable to the jump between our western housing and a grass hut.

Back